Adoption is one option to consider if you find yourself financially, emotionally, or otherwise unable to parent at this stage in your life.
Our staff and volunteers are here to help you explore adoption, so you can decide if it’s the right choice for you. Planning an adoption for your child can be emotionally difficult and there will be a grieving process involved. It is important to have support throughout the entire adoption journey. We are here to help each step of the way. You are not alone.
Some reasons why women choose adoption:
- “I am not ready to parent right now, my baby can’t wait for me to be ready.”
- “I want my child to have a mom and a dad, 24/7.”
- “I am not financially able to care for a child at this time in my life.”
- “I do not have enough of a support system in my life right now to help me parent.”
- “I want my child to have a better life than what I can provide for him/her right now.”
- “I want to sever the connection between myself and the birth father.”
Help After Adoption
Have you placed a child for adoption? Are you looking for support?
You need to know that …
- You don’t have to grieve alone
- Sharing your story brings relief and comfort
- There is a safe place to express and process your emotions
No matter how long ago the adoption was, you can move forward.